At Amazing Dental, we believe that dental exams and x-rays are the cornerstone of maintaining good oral health. The American Academy of General Dentistry recommends that everyone get bi-annual dental exams to maintain good oral health. By visiting us twice a year for an exam, we can help ensure long-term oral health by catching most dental problems in their early stages.
Even people who take exceptional care of their teeth get cavities. Bi-annual dental exams ensure that, no matter what your genetics or oral health practices are, you get the professional dental care required to maintain long-term oral health.
To experience unparalleled patient care and ensure that you have a life-long healthy smile, visit one of Arlington’s leading dentists, Dr. Budhani, at Amazing Dental.
What We Do
Here, we practice a patient-first philosophy, meaning that every time you have an exam, you will get personalized, one-on-one care from Dr. Budhani for as long as you need.
During your exam, Dr. Budhani will examine your mouth visually using tools such as mouth mirrors, dental picks, and high intensity lights to look for cracked or decayed teeth. Additionally, we will review various aspects of your health and screen for any oral health concerns:
- Medical History: Each time you visit us for a dental exam, Dr. Budhani will review your medical history. This allows him to assess whether or not any medical conditions or illnesses are impacting your oral health.
- Examination for Tooth Decay: When we do dental exams and x-rays, we always check for cracked or decayed teeth.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Detecting oral cancer early is an essential part of effectively treating oral cancer. During your exam, Dr. Budhani will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Oral X-rays: X-rays give Dr. Budhani a clearer picture of the state of your teeth and oral hygiene and may point to cracks or decay that is not readily visible. Dr. Budhani will take bitewing x-rays on an annual basis. However, a panographic x-ray, an x-ray that revolves around your head, will be taken every 3-5 years.
- Examination for Gum Disease: During your bi-annual exam, Dr. Budhani will thoroughly check your gums for any signs of periodontal disease. Treating gingivitis before it turns into periodontal disease can save you from painful and sometimes harmful and costly symptoms. If Dr. Budhani detects any signs of gingivitis or periodontal disease, he will determine the severity of your specific case and create a personalized treatment plan for you.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: If you have any crowns, fillings, or other restorations, Dr. Budhani will carefully check them to ensure that they are still in good working order and providing the protection they need to be providing.
How Long Does it Take?
Every patient at Amazing Dental is different, and every case is different. Your dental exam at Amazing Dental will generally be around 40-45 minutes so that Dr. Budhani can go through your x-rays with you, explain how teeth and their various parts function, why he’s recommending the treatment he’s recommending, and the reason behind any pain or discomfort you may be experiencing. As a standard, Dr. Budhani’s goal is to ensure that each patient understand their teeth and their oral health.
Here, Dr. Budhani prides himself on his devotion to helping his patients. He never judges patients and he always spends time with them to get to know them personally. When you come in for your bi-annual dental exam, you will always be treated like family and get the care and attention you deserve.
If you’re ready to schedule your dental exam, call Dr. Budhani at Amazing Dental today at (817) 484-5588, or you can request an appointment online.