Don’t settle for hiding your smile because of a missing tooth. When you have a missing tooth, replacing the tooth is not only important for your self-confidence, but it’s also important for your overall oral health. At Amazing Dental, Dr. Budhani offers many tooth replacement options, and if you’re missing one or more teeth, a dental bridge may be a great option for you.
Here, we’re committed to providing excellent patient care and staying at the forefront of dental advancements. When it comes to replacing missing teeth, Dr. Budhani offers superior advanced dental care.
Why You Should Replace Missing Teeth
Missing teeth can cause serious problems for your overall oral health because it leaves a space open for your other teeth to move, which can have harmful effects on the surrounding bone and soft tissue. Some reason that you should replace missing teeth are:
- When your teeth begin to move, it can cause changes in your bite that can lead to pain
- A missing tooth decreases your ability to effectively chew your food
- A missing tooth can lead to bone loss in your jaw where the tooth should be
- Consequently, bone loss leads to a change in the way your facial muscles are supported, and the appearance of your face will also change
- When your teeth move, it can lead to issues like periodontal disease and decay
What is a Dental Bridge
At Amazing Dental, Dr. Budhani offers many tooth replacement options, and one of the options he is proud to offer is a dental bridge. Dental bridges utilize the teeth surrounding your missing tooth so that they act as anchors to hold your prosthetic tooth, pontic, in place. After the pontic is placed, porcelain crowns will be placed on the teeth on either side of the pontic and atop the pontic itself.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are two main types of bridges that we offer at Amazing Dental: a fixed bridge and an implant-supported bridge.
- Fixed bridge: A fixed bridge is a bridge that utilizes the supporting teeth to stay in place. The pontic will be placed where the missing tooth is, and Dr. Budhani will put crowns over the surrounding teeth and the pontic.
- Implant-supported bridge: An implant-supported bridge is stabilized utilizing a dental implant. To learn more about the benefits of dental implants, click here.
What to Expect
Getting a bridge takes at least two visits. Once you and Dr. Budhani have decided that a dental bridge is the right tooth replacement option for you, he will begin by preparing the surrounding teeth for crowns. This means that some of the tooth enamel will be worn down to make room for the crown. Following the preparation of your teeth, he will take an impression of all of your teeth so that your bridge and custom crowns can be made to fit your bite. After the impression is taken, Dr. Budhani will fit you with a temporary bridge to wear while the lab is making your customized bridge.
During your second visit, Dr. Budhani will remove your temporary bridge and make sure that your custom bridge fits properly and comfortably. Your bridge will likely need to be adjusted a few times. Once you are happy with the fit, your bridge will be cemented in place.
Replacing missing teeth with a dental bridge not only restores your smile but helps ensure your long-term oral health. To schedule your appointment with one of Arlington’s leading dentists, Dr. Budhani, call us today at (817) 484-5588 or request an appointment online.
You can read more about dental bridges on WebMD